ping between vyos router and pa-vm not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ping between vyos router and pa-vm not working

L0 Member

Hey all.

I'm starting my PCSNA journey and I've been going through CBT Nuggets and have setup the CBT Nugget lab.

My 1/6 interface 23.1.2.15/24 cannot ping my vyos router ip at 23.1.2.1/24 and vice versa.

I have allowed ping via the interface management on interface 1/6 which is associated to the outside zone.

I have a policy allowing traffic from the inside to the outside with no restriction as well as from the outside to the inside.

Both interfaces for the router and the pa-vm are in the same vwnet.

My default route for my pa-vm points to 23.1.2.1

I have tested the vyos router with a windows 10 vm and I'm able to ping from each device within the 23.1.2.x network.

I'm not sure what else to look at in order to get the pings to work on the 23.1.2.0/24 network and eventually my network traffic.

I'm missing something to allow communication between the vyos router and the pa-vm

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Well I reinstalled everything over again and for some reason it's working.

IDK what got messed up the last time but it's all good now.

Cheeers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

On to the troubleshoot step that identifies 99% of the issues, checking global counters! Try this and see if it throws something to specifically identify whats stopping it.

How to check global counters for a specific source and destinat... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Welcome to the Palo Alto world! When you are performing your ping, are you selecting the external IP of the interface as the source? the PAN will use the management interface by default if nothing was specified. Check the logs to see where the traffic is getting blocked etc.

Cheers!

L0 Member

Well I reinstalled everything over again and for some reason it's working.

IDK what got messed up the last time but it's all good now.

Cheeers.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!