Site flagged as GRAYWARE (help!!)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Site flagged as GRAYWARE (help!!)

L1 Bithead

I have detected that my website alde.es has been marked as grayware and it must be a mistake.

It is a very simple website of a non-profit university association that has no advertising.

I have checked everything on the server, updated plugins and wordpress. All the malware tests are correct except this one.

How can I ask for my site to be re-categorised? It is causing me some problems.

Thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

I am bringing an update.

6 hours after the initial request, I received an email confirming the category change. We are no longer in the "greyware" category, which was causing us problems with email and access to some networks.

Thanks to the Paloalto team for their quick response and to the users who contributed to this thread.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

I have requested in this URL to change the category to business and economy, I think it is the most appropriate of the list.
https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@aldeconomics,

Assuming that you don't manage the devices that are affecting you or your clients access to your website, requesting recategorization is the only thing that you can do. The request will be reviewed and you'll receive an email letting you know if the recategorization was accepted or not once the review is complete. 

thank you. Is there any way to know why it has been marked as grayware?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@aldeconomics,

To the best of my knowledge, PAN isn't going to tell you why a categorization was triggered for your domain. You'd likely have a better chance if you were a customer and could push it with your SE, but even then they likely won't tell you any detailed information on what drove the categorization. 

OK, but is it certain that I will receive an email?

The request does not ask for login (although I was logged in). And I haven't received any confirmation email that I have successfully submitted.

L1 Bithead

I am bringing an update.

6 hours after the initial request, I received an email confirming the category change. We are no longer in the "greyware" category, which was causing us problems with email and access to some networks.

Thanks to the Paloalto team for their quick response and to the users who contributed to this thread.

Best regards.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!