playboy.com and dropbox.com categorized as "unknown"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

playboy.com and dropbox.com categorized as "unknown"

L4 Transporter

I just realized that playboy.com and dropbox.com are being catergorized as "unknown".  "Unknown" has been set to alert only, and not block.  I have no idea how long it has been like this, or what other sites may be doing the same thing.  I'm on URL Filtering version 3713.

Anyone else have this issue? Should I upgrade or revert my URL Filter version?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Clearing the cache is a temporary solution. The bug is fixed in 3.1.9 but I'd recommend upgrading to 3.1.10 when you're able to get a maintenance window approved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

What PANOS version are you running?

I'm on 3.1.7, but I think I found my answer...

(Link removed, Issue fixed in 3.1.9)

...clearing the cache fixed it.

Clearing the cache is a temporary solution. The bug is fixed in 3.1.9 but I'd recommend upgrading to 3.1.10 when you're able to get a maintenance window approved.

I will plan on upgrading.  Is there a reason you did not suggest upgrading to 4.0.5?

I figured you wanted to stay on 3.1.x branch. I wasn't sure if you were interested in the 4.0.x features such as active/active HA, Global Protect, etc.

Unless there is a must have feature on 4.x, I think its ok to stay on 3.1.x. One of the more noticeable things on 4.x is that the GUI is slower than on 3.1.x. Plus a few minor issues that are affecting the stability (there are other threads here floating around...)

We are on 3.1.9 on a pair of 500's and we are sitting put until they work out the kinks.

I would definitely upgrade to 3.1.9 or 3.1.10 to address that unknown issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!