Possible to have a web page presented for webistes where SSL decryption Doesnt work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Possible to have a web page presented for webistes where SSL decryption Doesnt work?

Hi All,

We use SSL inspection and sometimes we have to add websites to a custom url category for non inspection so the webpage can become visible. Is there an option to have the user presented with a webpage so IT staff will know that it's ssl inspection that is not allowing the webpage to be viewed? I've looked but couldn't find any.

Usually when an application (cloud based or a website) is having issues I have to check the firewall logs in decryption to see if it's SSL inspection issue. It would be much easier if the firewall could just present a page to the user that I could see and know right anyway its an ssl inspection issue, instead of going through logs etc.

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

You won't find a capability to do this on the firewall, and fundamentally I'm not really sure how such a feature would actually function. I don't think the firewall would be able to actually service a redirect to get the client to the response page in the event it fails to decrypt a page for some reason. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

You won't find a capability to do this on the firewall, and fundamentally I'm not really sure how such a feature would actually function. I don't think the firewall would be able to actually service a redirect to get the client to the response page in the event it fails to decrypt a page for some reason. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!