postRequest() error: 'Error: device proxy - cannot connect to web server'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

postRequest() error: 'Error: device proxy - cannot connect to web server'

L2 Linker

We have had problems with the graphic interface of some 3250 units. The units respond to ping and allow CLI connectivity, however, when I try to load the graphic interface from a browser it indicates that it is not possible to load due to connectivity problems, which is not true since the unit does respond to ping and CLI.

We tried connecting directly to the FW through the management interface, that is, go to the DC and connect a cable from the management interface and connect it to a PC and still did not work.

The devices are managed from Panorama and the user is allowed to do a context switch from Panorama to the devices. When we try to do the context switch we get the following error postRequest() error: 'Error: device proxy - cannot connect to web server'.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Since we do have access from the CLI, I logged in to the machine and ran the debug software restart process management-server command to restart the management server proccess. Once I executed the command the problem was solved.

It now loads the GUI from the browser and does the context switch in Panorama successfully.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Since we do have access from the CLI, I logged in to the machine and ran the debug software restart process management-server command to restart the management server proccess. Once I executed the command the problem was solved.

It now loads the GUI from the browser and does the context switch in Panorama successfully.

Thank you.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!