PowerBI Desktop Sign In fails with SSL Decryption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PowerBI Desktop Sign In fails with SSL Decryption

L1 Bithead

We are rolling out SSL Decryption for a group of test users and we run into an issue with PowerBI Desktop.

When we try to login in PowerBI Desktop it fails and shows that it cannot setup a trusted SSL/TLS connection for the sign in.

I am looking into my decryption logs, but I cannot find any issues with URL's that might have something to do with PowerBI so I don't know what to exclude to fix this.

When I disable ssl decryption, it works OK right away.

Is anybody familiar with this issue or able to point me into the right direction to troubleshoot this?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mvrijsten,

Are you decrypting the regular list of Microsoft services for M365 decryption issues? You generally can't decrypt this sign-on traffic when it comes to Microsoft. 

Thanks, that does indeed seem to be the issue.

Is there a KB for this to see what URL's I should exclude from decryption?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!