Premium Support client but password reset links don’t work and can’t open a case

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Premium Support client but password reset links don’t work and can’t open a case

L0 Member

Tried calling TAC and they refuse to open a case.  I can’t access support portal as the admin for my accounts so I reset my password.  Links I receive by email to reset password don’t work.  Other person in my org has same problem with their account.  

I set up this account to access live community from my phone but using Chrome on Win 10 I can’t even login to live community.

This seemed to break after MFA was added to access Palo-Alto.

Suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@rburke1,

When you called TAC did you try to open a technical case or an admin support case? Either way that's pretty not acceptable unless you aren't actually on the account, they should have passed you to the admin side so they can get your access fixed. I'd reach out to your account manager and work this from their side if you still don't have any luck with TAC on a second call. Hopefully you just got picked up by a really bad first line employee that didn't understand what your issue was. 

When your account was migrated did you actually setup your new 2FA method when you received that email? I know that they've started removing support accounts if they aren't being used so old admins that have moved on don't maintain access to customer accounts. Your account manager should be able to get this all straightened out for you, but TAC should have helped with that as well.

The person didn’t ask what type of case.  When they looked up the S/N I provided and confirmed Premium support they just wanted to get rid of me.  In any event it turns out to be a DNS problem resolving the password reset link SSO.paloaltonetworks.com - my cell provider can resolve it but my internal DNS won’t.  Thanks for your response!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!