Pull Report directly From ACC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pull Report directly From ACC

L4 Transporter

I searched for this on the forum but couldn't find it so I apologize if this is a repeat question.

I'm trying to pull a report just as it's shown in the ACC.

Starting off without any filters, within the ACC, I click on the "online-personal-storage" URL filtering category. This displays the top applications in that category. That's perfect! That's what I want. Then I try to export just that exact data just as it's displayed in a report (not like it is in the URL logs) but I can't. Am I missing something? I try to create a custom report but it doesn't give me "bytes" as a column option AND it doesn't report anything. The reports returns blank. I want it just like it is shown within the ACC.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello Mario,

Could you please try to generate a report under "Manage custom report" .

For example:

URL-logs.JPG

url-logs-1.JPG

Are you looking for this type of report...?

Thanks

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for the help.

I was finally able to pull a custom report that is nearly identical to the information I could view in ACC. Here is my report:

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.26.26 AM.png

It took me a while to get it to work because in order to pull data for "online-personal-storage" I had first query the "category-of-app" then the "category" as you can see in the screen shot. I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the categories. One is a parent category perhaps. I think there are only 5 of these and bunch of sub-categories, the ones we are all probably more familiar with.

At any rate, when I run the report it is nearly identical to the details that are displayed in the ACC. The issue with exporting that data is it doesn't have graphs in the PDF. So I have to import the CSV into Excel and create my own graphs. My biggest problem with this is why can't I just export the ACC data as a CSV or PDF right from ACC? Why do I have to jump through these hurdles to get the data I want? ACC already gathered the data and presented it to me. To use it to report to management is a nightmare.

Hello Mario,

I do understand your requirement here. Currently PAN FW is not having an option to export ACC report in PDF format.

There is a feature request already submitted for the same:

Description: ACC data export in CSV and PDF format.

FR ID: 392

I would request you to contact with your PA SE to get the latest update on this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!