QoS on a sub interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS on a sub interface

L1 Bithead

I see from previous discussion, QoS on a sub interface has been a request.  I have a 3050 I'm working with and was wondering if there are any updates?

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello Tharpham,

I still hope this feature is not yet implemented in currently available PAN OS.  Reference discussion: Re: QoS on Tagged VLAN Sub-interface

Subject: Sub-interface based QoS on PA-5000

Priority: High

FR ID: 1768

Subject: QoS Bandwidth Policing

Priority: High

FR ID: 2475

For questions like these, it's best you reach out to your SE or sales contact. He might give you some more insight.

Thanks

L1 Bithead

If a QoS Policy is applied to the parent interface, will all sub-interfaces adhere to the Policy or are the sub-interfaces logically different from the Parent interface?

Sub interfaces are logically different.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Ok, I assumed that as well.  Thanks

FYI,

PA-7000 platform supports QOS in  sub-interface.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!