Read only

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Read only

L4 Transporter

If I want to set an application like linkedin so that user can view it but not do any thing like send emails, endorse people etc make it read only how do I do that?

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

I believed linkedin is actually a parent application (basically a group). I think you would only want to allow linkedin-base instead.

L7 Applicator

Hello Infotech,

Palo Alto networks App-ID signature is having below mentioned signature for linkedin. Hence you can choose the required sub-category in your "Application" filed and set the required action for it ( In a security policy).

Linkedin.JPG.jpg

NOTE: As per your query, you can set application as "linkedin-base" just to view the profile.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Oh okay I was trying to find a listing in the PA documentation that gives the information describing what each options like linkedin-base gives the users access too

Thats good to know hulk but how does that tell me what the difference in access between linkedin-base from linkedin app?

Hello Infotech,

You can verify the functionality( detail information) of each App-ID in Application Research Center.

Example: Linkedin-1.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Great information hulk but I still don't see where it tells me the difference between linkedin-base and linkedin-apps in reguard to limited there ability to post , send email. My goal is to make it so they can only looked at linkedin and nothing else

better block sub applications and allow main

make a lab test.

• 7 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!