Receiving errors once logged into PA-4060

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Receiving errors once logged into PA-4060

Not applicable

Greetings everyone. Recently, we have begun experiencing errors when connecting to our primary PA-4060 device. What occurs is upon login, when the initial dashboard comes up, we receive an "Error: failed to execute command<br/>" popup in the browser window. clicking ok allows us to normally access all the tabs (Dashboard, ACC, etc), but the General Information section under the Dashboard tab is partially populated. Missing is information pertaining to our default gateway, MAC address, Software, Application, Threat, and URL Filtering versions. We are currently running Software version 3.0.8. Might this be a "ghost in the system" that would warrant us to upgrade to a newer release. Thanks for any assistance you all may offer regarding this.

Sincerely,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Kevin,

There are many GUI improvements in the 3.1 and 4.0 releases.  You should upgrade to 3.1 since 3.0 is no longer supported.  If you require the new features in 4.0 you might consider that as well, but I would consider 3.1 the most stable branch.

Cheers,

Kelly

Thanks for the quick reply Kelly. So, are there any documented "gotcha's" in migrating from 3.0.x to 3.1.x? I am looking at going to 3.1.8 code on my primary and secondary endpoints. Any thoughts?

The recommended release is typically the release with the largest last number (the maintenance release version).  For now, I would recommend 3.1.9 unless there is a specific reason to use 3.1.8.

I'm not sure of any gotchas, though you should check the release notes to see if anything is called out.  You will need to upgrade to 3.1.0 before upgrading to 3.1.9.

You might consider working with Support to go over any known issues, but it should be pretty straightforward.  Remember to backup your config file.

Cheers,

Kelly

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!