Removing Un-Installed PANs from Panorama> Templates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Removing Un-Installed PANs from Panorama> Templates

L2 Linker

We've closed an office and took the two PA-500s off the network, and are now attempting to remove them from Panorama (following this procedure: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Cmd6CAC ). Everything is good up to 3 a. Panorama Templates:  Remove the device from "Template-Stack"...I have multiple devices in my Template Stack and when I go in and select those devices, I do not see a means to remove those (delete/remove) from the Template Stack, and do not want to delete the entire Stack (as inferred in the doc) as the other devices are being used. I'm relatively new to PA so I'm suspecting I'm missing something easy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael

The template stack will show (not necessarily ) all FWs that you may want to include for that stack.

But check marking those few FWs that belong to the stack, then you are essentially pushing to that list.

So...if your company had 10 FWs and you wanted your GLOBALFOUNDRIES template to be used by all 10 FWs, then you would select all 10.

Now, if you wanted to remove, say, (2) PA-500s from the stack, you would uncheck mark them.

Now do you still have 10 FWs?  YES... but 8 would get the stack pushed to them, and the PA-500s would not (because there were unchecked)

My stack, has 1 FW in it.

SteveCantwell_0-1600179418732.png

The stack has zero FWS in it.

SteveCantwell_1-1600179471672.png

Now I delete my FW from Panorama (already have removed FW from any device group and template)

SteveCantwell_2-1600179636229.png

How can I assist more?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello there

Screen Capture what you are attempting to do, and we should be able to provide you steps.

Right now, I have 2 FWs in a stack and can easily remove one/both FWs from the stack.

If we have your screen captures, we could possibly help you further.

Please see below- I am trying to remove these two (checked) PA-500s from the Template Stack but do not see an option to remove/delete after selecting them. I also tried using a different browser.

Thanks for the help!!

RST Deletion.jpg

Michael

The template stack will show (not necessarily ) all FWs that you may want to include for that stack.

But check marking those few FWs that belong to the stack, then you are essentially pushing to that list.

So...if your company had 10 FWs and you wanted your GLOBALFOUNDRIES template to be used by all 10 FWs, then you would select all 10.

Now, if you wanted to remove, say, (2) PA-500s from the stack, you would uncheck mark them.

Now do you still have 10 FWs?  YES... but 8 would get the stack pushed to them, and the PA-500s would not (because there were unchecked)

My stack, has 1 FW in it.

SteveCantwell_0-1600179418732.png

The stack has zero FWS in it.

SteveCantwell_1-1600179471672.png

Now I delete my FW from Panorama (already have removed FW from any device group and template)

SteveCantwell_2-1600179636229.png

How can I assist more?

Yup! That did it! I had to select all in the template, then de-select the pair/PA500s I wanted "removed".

Thanks- I appreciate your help!

Mike

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!