Replacing a managed old hardware model with a new model

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Replacing a managed old hardware model with a new model

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I am going to replace my old 3020 9.0 panorama-managed firewalls with a pair of 5200 series FW. During the process I’ll need to change some of its network interfaces configurations with vpn tunnels on the new model. Would you advise to change the old serial to new in the panorama configuration, or should I import the new model into panorama from scratch and erase the existing old model configurations from the template stack?

thanks.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@alberty,

If it was me I would import the 5200 into Panorama and configure it from there instead of replacing the serial.

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@alberty 

I have done quite a few migrations like this.

I prefer config new pair import config to panorama.

Make sure it has all the config as desired then on cutover day just move the physical data connections from old to new one.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@alberty,

If it was me I would import the 5200 into Panorama and configure it from there instead of replacing the serial.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@alberty 

I have done quite a few migrations like this.

I prefer config new pair import config to panorama.

Make sure it has all the config as desired then on cutover day just move the physical data connections from old to new one.

Regards

MP

Thanks, that's what I think too! 

Hi @MP18 ,

But there is a problem as the policies are not present in the configuration snapshot export, how can I get a copy of the rule base related to the device and then have further edited? Is it a must to use the device export?

@alberty 

You can use device export and then import all config to new PA and then you can edit it.

After that you can add that to Panorama.

Regards

MP

L1 Bithead

Hi Thanks. I have exported the config snapshot and modified the xml and imported the devices as new in Panorama.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!