Rockmelt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Rockmelt

Not applicable

I'm doing some test on pa500 in our site, and trying to apply some feature like block of facebook app i see a strange behavior. First of all the policy of decrypt and bloking works correctly because the facebook is in "read only" state without possibility to do i like, or post with all the browser i've tested, but with Rockmelt browser i have facebook on shortcut, if i try to open in the web page it is blocked but if i see facebook from the "popup window" of rockmelt i can avoid this specific policy on PA.

Some of you have done or can do some test to confirm this and eventually try to ask a fix.

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Please open a case with support indicating that rockmelt browser is circumventing some of tha App ID functionality.

Steve Krall

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

You cannot login to your Rockmelt browser if you have facebook application blocked. You can only browse in logged-out mode without access to facebook.

Maybe i've not explained my problem correctly. With a pc on a network and my macbook behind PA-500 with blocked chat, app,post etc... with rockmelt i can do all, with safari the app is correctly blocked. I mean on the left pannel if i open facebbok page in rockmelt is blocked but on the column who appear on the left side the app isn't blocked.

just now i've tried unblocking only facebook base, if i do i like on safari it doesn't work, on rockmelt i do i'like in the column on the left and when i update the page in safari i see that the i like was applied.

All other block chat etc.. now works, there is a policy decrypt because i use it in https.

Please open a case with support indicating that rockmelt browser is circumventing some of tha App ID functionality.

Steve Krall

I see other ways around as well - when I block posting, apps, messaging and chat, I can still add a photo and add text to that.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!