SCCM management of remote GP Windows clients

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SCCM management of remote GP Windows clients

L1 Bithead

We just deployed and started using GlobalProtect 5.1.1 to support the work-from-home COVID-19 initiative for thousands of remote workers.  Everything is working well but my SCCM guys can't manage any of the remote clients to push patches or software updates.  Our internal DNS resolves the host names to the last LAN address of the host, not the IP pool address.  The same things happens with Cisco AnyConnect clients.  I don't know anything about AD or SCCM.  Is SCCM management of remote hosts doable and if so, how are you doing it?

15 REPLIES 15

We had the same issues reported as the others here.  We were able to get past most issues with the solution presented from the OP.. additionally we had to move from subnets within the Boundary groups to IP ranges.  This was a change for us from how AnyConnect was configured, but this seemed to fix our inability to see updates as well as TS's and packages.

We still however don't have a solution for our techs inability to Remote Control or RDP consistently.  I know this has something to do with DNS resolution not happening properly or timely enough.. does anyone have information that might assist with this issue or tips for our server admin team on replication timing?.. Thanks in advance!!

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!