- Access exclusive content
- Connect with peers
- Share your expertise
- Find support resources
Hello to all,
I would like to know how smart PAN admins would solve this problem:
suppose you have to allow inbound traffic from a source address that is:
- defined as a FQDN but you know from DNS that it is delivered via a CDN like cloudflare, akamai, etc
- defined as a domain with a wildcard, for example *.letsencrypt.org
I know that:
- I can't use FQDN address object, cause I can't use wildcards, but also cause CDN do use a fast rotate DNS mechanism (with often lots of addresses), and the firewall cache can't copy well that (if I am not wrong a FQDN address can have up to 10 IP addresses associated in the cache)
- I can't use a CUSTOM URL category object, cause URL categories are only supported for web protocols like HTTP, but most of all cause URL category objects can be used only as a destination filter, not a source filter
- Sadly I can't use minemeld anymore
So.. what workaround would you use, given that this must be a quite common problem?
Thanks in advance
Hi @TonyP ,
I believe you already mentioned all the proposed solutions by PAN:
I can't come up with another workaround at the moment ... maybe someone smarter here can 😉
Other use cases might require a feature request.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!