Setup Azure MFA with Global Protect - NPS/ISE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Setup Azure MFA with Global Protect - NPS/ISE

L4 Transporter

I am building this new but don't have concrete steps to start with. What I understand until now is that we need NPS extension for MFA to work with Azure. We last year moved away from NPS as our radius server to Cisco ISE.  So do I have to figure out how to integrate ISE with Azure or do i have no choice but to implement NPS to get this working.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@raji_toor,

ISE used to support Azure MFA through MFA Server, but Microsoft dropped support for this a while back and has no plans on allowing new deployments. Microsoft essentially mandates NPS for new deployments going forward; I'm not aware of any way you could add Azure MFA  on ISE unless you already had an existing MFA Server deployed locally. 

Thanks @BPry  It seems Microsoft has dropped the on-prem MFA server installation aswell. So i guess my only option is to either use NPS directly/indirectly.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!