sflow traffic denied from certain IPs even though rule allows it

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

sflow traffic denied from certain IPs even though rule allows it

L1 Bithead

I'm seeing an odd issue where I've got a rule allowing sflow traffic coming from a WAN zone into my server zone where my monitoring servers sit.  Most of the traffic passes as it should, but there are random subnets where the rule is being denied with it showing it is hitting the default deny policy.  The only filtering on the rule is for port 2055, coming from the WAN zone and into the server zone.  

Any ideas?  

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Is the incoming sflow traffic on port 2055? The logs should show what is getting blocked, ie. source, destination, etc. Also I would change the policy to layer 7 by using the sflow application.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

@scott.jones,

Utilizing the 'test security-policy-match' command in the CLI with one of the denied flows should verify that the traffic should be matching your intended security entry. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Is the incoming sflow traffic on port 2055? The logs should show what is getting blocked, ie. source, destination, etc. Also I would change the policy to layer 7 by using the sflow application.

Cheers!

@scott.jones,

Utilizing the 'test security-policy-match' command in the CLI with one of the denied flows should verify that the traffic should be matching your intended security entry. 

That ended up doing the trick.  Still not sure why some sites worked and others didn't, but when I switched to the app rule, it started passing traffic.

thanks again for the help!

This will come in handy for sure going forward.  ended up switching to the app rule for sflow and getting rid of the port-based config, and now it's allowing the traffic through.  

Thanks for the info!

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!