SIP ALG need to be disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SIP ALG need to be disabled

L3 Networker

We need to block SIP ALG on our firewall which is running 10.0.7.

Which does not have the option to disable under object---->Application---> SIP.

I came across with this document

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClEsCAK

which stated to disable the SIP ALG but as this PAN OS doesnt have the option please share the same.

Let me know the possibilities.

Cheers!!

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Vijaygvasan 

As you can see from official documentation disabling SIP ALG globaly is similar to previous versions - https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-0/pan-os-admin/app-id/disable-the-sip-application-level-...

- Can you send a screenshot similar to the one from the docs?

- As you can see from the link you have found there is a way to disable SIP ALG globally over CLI. Have you tried it?

- Are you using admin account that have full write access to FW? Are you managing policy locally or with Panorama?

I don't have any FW running 10.0 to test, but the option should definately be there. However you still struggle with disabling it globaly and need to apply it as soon as possible - you may want to consider Application Override rule that will match the traffic in question and override the application to custom app.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!