Site to Site tunnel between PA and SonicWall or Sangfor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Site to Site tunnel between PA and SonicWall or Sangfor

L1 Bithead

My friend asking me on how to configure Site to Site tunnel between PA and Sonicwall or Sangfor

The diagram like this
SITEA
LAN1 10.0.1.0/24
LAN2 10.0.2.0/24
SITEB
LAN1 20.0.1.0/24
LAN2 20.0.2.0/24

Could anyone gimme some docs?
tq

4 REPLIES 4

Your link shown 1 local subnet connect to 1 remote subnet

Since I have 2 subnets on each site. Should I create 2 tunnels?

@nbctcp,

From a PAN standpoint you would simply add a Proxy ID for both networks and you wouldn't need to create a separate tunnel. It's been a while since I was forced to manage anything SonicWall and I know they've changed SonicOS quite a bit since then, so I don't really have a direct answer from you on that end. From a brief glance it looks like it's only capable of specifying one network per tunnel on their end, so you would have to create two separate tunnels.

Someone with more current experience on SonicWall hardware may be able to offer more guidance on that end of the configuration. I thought they had introduced a route-based VPN configuration option in newer SonicOS releases, which would allow you to setup a tunnel "normal" from PANs side and you would simply create a route directing traffic to utilize the tunnel when needed. However, I'm not sure if that was actually implemented or if their implementation would play well with PANs. 

L0 Member

@nbctcp

For the IPSec VPN configuration about Sangfor, I find an introduction video on their official YouTube Channel. 

https://youtu.be/hy7UxfpzPGg

Hope this one will be helpful. 

From my experience, most of the time, we just need to clear the set of options we gonna use(IKE setting, subnet etc.) and follow the guidance of configuration, it will do the job.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!