Software failed to fetch the PANOS from server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Software failed to fetch the PANOS from server

L3 Networker

Hey guys hope you doing well One of my customer have an issue to fetch PANOS version.

PA-220 Current version 10.0.0

The dynamic updates are not up to date as i see the latest  dynamic updates installed on her firewall are month of april 2021.

Also i am not able to fetch the latest PANOS.

I checked the service route and policy for PANOS upgrade.

Also check the internet through CLI by pinging 

Also the device certificate also not able to fetch in his firewall.

I attach the image of device cert pls help me 

Threat,support and wildfire license are valid.

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

What update server is the MGT port configured to look for? updates.paloaltonetworks.com?

The DNS address configured in the management interface, can you confirm that from the MGT plane (ssh into the box) 'ping host x.x.x.x' is able to reach DNS out?

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FarhanKoujalgi,

As @LAYER_8 mentioned you need to double check the basics. Does this customer use the management interface or have service routes configured? Is it capable of resolving FQDNs, have you verified that the firewall isn't resetting any of the traffic via the firewall's logs? The base image for PAN-OS 10.0 definitely had issues, but not being able to download updates wasn't one of them.

If everything looks good from a traffic and setting standpoint, then I would just upload 10.0.8 and manually install it and see if that fixes the communication issue you are seeing. I wouldn't expect it to, but its worth a shot if you think your configuration isn't the issue. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!