Solarwinds Query

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Solarwinds Query

L3 Networker

Hi All,

We have a problem with the report data on Solarwinds. We are running a multi-vsys Palo Alto 5220 with bgp connectivity to a router and need to run bandwidth reports on all vsys. All Vsys have at least 2 BGP Peering for inside and outside on 2 AE's, each assigned a particular Vlanif.  All reports seemed to look good but one person is saying one of the reports is reporting too little usage. On a particular vsys we are seeing bandwidth peaking at around 60Mb in the day. When I monitor the Router interface for that particular Vlanif I get a peak of around 600Mb which I am told is expected usage.

I can't see anything that would give this problem. We have configured a standard snmpv3 setup, monitoring on the relevant interfaces and vlanifs. I have looked at the reporting on a second pair of Palo Altos we have which reports around 350Mb at eak which is expected.

Has anyone seen this before and have a solution? Monitoring on the router is not ideal as I can't break down the traffic to Globalprotect, VPNS etc.

Regards

Adrian

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Interesting issue. My guess is that the information in SolarWinds is correct. You could open a ticket with them. How far back in time are you looking at the report? Remember that SolarWinds aggregates the data over a longer period the farther you go back. i.e. for the current day the interval will be you defined interval for polling, for last week it will be data averaged over a 15 minute period and so on.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have daily, weekly and monthly reports. They all look the same. The report setup is identical for both the router interface and the Palo Alto interface, just the interface itself that the report data is pulled from is the difference. Result is a big difference in data usage.

Regards

Adrian

Hello,

I would recommend asking Solarwinds support to find out why.

Regards,

L0 Member

does the bandwidth SolarWinds has for that interface match the actual bandwidth setting on the device?,  

for example, SolarWinds shows 100Mb bandwidth on that interfaces detail page,  but the actual bandwidth is 10Mb.

if this happens to be the case, you can manually override/set the interface bandwidth  to match reality.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!