SSL VPN Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN Problem

L0 Member

Hi All,

I'm having teething problems with our SSL VPN client.  The client installs fine on Win7-64 and XP.  I've followed the recommendations for Win7-64 and the installation all seems fine. Everything works fine when establishing the tunnel. My policies and LDAP auth are working as I would expect. However, after a random time (usually no longer than 5-6mins, but as short as 30-40secs), the link fails (continuous ping starts timing out). The client stays connected, but nothing responds down the tunnel.

Strangely... if I have an RDP session open at the time the link fails, I can still use this session fine, but I can't even ping the very same computer I'm RDP'd to. I can also no longer connect to or ping anything else I should be able to. If I kill the RDP session and try to re-open it, it fails. I need to disconnect and connect again to get it working again. I've been through the firewall logs and can't find anything relevant. I'm running client version 1.2.0-402 and PANOS 3.1.6. Problem is the same on Win7 or XP.

Thanks, Steve.

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Good morning Steve,

This is really a unique case and should be addressed by support directly.

Please call (866) 898-9087 and open a case with Paloalto Networks Technical support, you are correct in this not being proper behavior.

~Phil

L3 Networker

What was the fix bud?  I'm haveing a similiar issue but with a VPN IPSEC tunnel.

Thanks,

T

Still ongoing... I'll update when the issue is resolved.

It was a problem with the Pan Agent User/IP mapping.  Upgrade to 3.1.7 seems to have fixed the issue.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!