Starting from PAN-OS 11.0 version, is the only interface link duplex set to auto?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Starting from PAN-OS 11.0 version, is the only interface link duplex set to auto?

L2 Linker

Dear Team,

I noticed something unusual during testing.

Starting from 11.0, the only option for interface link duplex setting is 'auto'.

I've checked the changes and restrictions in 11.0, but there are no explicit details about them.

Is this by design? Could this be a bug?

I checked both GUI and CLI, but couldn't configure it.

The OS I tested is below.

- PAN-OS 9.1

KyungjunCHOE_0-1721887749138.png

- PAN-OS 10.2

KyungjunCHOE_1-1721887749141.png

- PAN-OS 11.0

KyungjunCHOE_2-1721887749275.png

If anyone knows anything about this, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@KyungjunCHOE,

I can't find any information in the release notes stating that it's intentional, but auto is the only option that the firewall is capable of taking even if you attempt to set it in the CLI or load it directly into the configuration file. Can't say that I've found myself needing to set the duplex on modern devices, but you might want to reach out to TAC to confirm it's actual intended behavior.

L3 Networker

@KyungjunCHOE 

There are several PA-series were on hardware reference manual it's mentioned for ethernet ports the following statement:

"The link speed and link duplex are auto-negotiate only."

This is just an example: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/hardware/pa-1400-hardware-reference/pa-1400-series-overview/front-... 

Cheers,
Cosmin

Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem!

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!