Static routing question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Static routing question

L0 Member

I'm managing Pan's on a daily basis, just basic stuff: creating policies, monitoring etc. but routing is something I never had to do before, so I hope I can get a little help from you out here. It would be really appreciated !

We are in the process of getting our telephone system to a cloud-based one.
Itried the softphone and it connects when I'm using the default internet connection.

The supplier advised to setup a independent VLAN port, with it's own internet access port.

So, I setup a PPPoE on one of the ports and there is a connection to the internet now. Or at least, in the PPPoE inteface status window, is says "connected" and the interface has received an ipaddress. The interface has it's own zone: Voip

The situation:
Client and Phone VLAN's must be routed to this  interface to the external telephone system.
The interfaces and external phone system use these (made up) ip's:
Pan (PPPoe) port 1/3: 123.123.123.12
Remote telephone system: 234.234.234.23

The interface is added to the default virtual router

I made a static route:

Destination: 234.234.234.0/30 Interface: 1/3 NextHop ipaddress 123.123.123.12

Security policies that allow traffice form clients to the Voip zone and from voip to Untrust.

Still I'n unable to connect to the telephone system that's outside.

I'm clearly missing something, and hope someone can help me on this.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Found the solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Found the solution.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!