SYSTEM ALERT : medium : MLAV: Unknown error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

SYSTEM ALERT : medium : MLAV: Unknown error

L0 Member

Repeatedly receiving the above alert on 4 separate PA firewalls throughout the evening, can't find much information online relating to it. Has anyone else received this message before? If so, what steps should I take to troubleshoot and resolve the message. currently running versions 10.2.6-h3 and 11.0.3-h10. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

L0 Member

问同样的问题,我也发现了这个问题,今天突然出现了

L1 Bithead

Same here, comes every 5 minutes started yesterday. 10.1.13-h1. I have opened a case..

L0 Member

The same event is occurring in 10.2.7.

It was resolved by the command "debug software restart process device-server" on my PA-220.

However, the cause is unknown and is not an official solution.

L0 Member

10.2.9-h1 same. 

Hello, 

After the command receive from Support not works, the messages appear after 30 -40 minutes again .

Please perform  show mlav cloud-status   if the services it's still busy that is the reason why not send messages 

Thank you 

L0 Member

Same here, comes every 5 minutes started yesterday. 10.2.10. 

L1 Bithead

Same here.

We also see it on the passive firewall in active/passive HA. I wouldn't expect a passive firewall to be sending anything the the cloud for analysis.

L0 Member

I got this in CSP.

“MLAV: Unknown error.” messages seen in the system logs every 5 minutes

There is no decrease in security coverage with this error.
This issue here is not impacting traffic and the firewall can maintain the same level of security coverage using the most recent content update.
Our engineering team is working on fixing the issue with the error messages.

• 10 replies
  • 6 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!