Threshold block

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Threshold block

L3 Networker

I want to block access to the users only if they watch youtube and the bandwidth consumed is more than 500 Mb.

Is this possible. Can this be done.

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hello Westcon2,

It's an interesting requirement. Smiley Happy  I don't think QOS will help us for above requirement. Could you please try to create a custom vulnerability-profile with below mentioned parameter.

Capture-1.JPG.jpg

Capture.JPG.jpg

Set the value as 500

Then create a security policy (at the top) for Application=Youtube-base, Profile=Custom-vulnerability profile and Action=Block.

L7 Applicator

Hello Westcon2,

I am trying to fine tune above mentioned setting into my test PA box, I will notify you once it will be done.

Thanks

Hi Hulk,

This configuration will block/alert all the http traffic where the http content header will be greater than or equal to the specified number in the customer signature.

Regards

Aamir

youtube.PNG.png

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Interesting feature but not supported  .... yet.

Hope help

V.

L5 Sessionator

It is currently not supported but as Vince said this is an interesting feature and i would encourage you contact your local SE so he can file a feature request on your behalf.

Thanks

Numan

This is a feature that is asked before many times to us also.Please ask to your SE and make a request.increases the probability Smiley Happy

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!