Two different company VPNs on same home network

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Two different company VPNs on same home network

My wife and I both work from home and both companies utilize GlobalProtect. Since my wife updated her GlobalProtect software we have ran into an issue where we both can't be on at the same time. My wife only has U.S. gateways and we found out after much troubleshooting that when I am on a gateway outside of the U.S. the we both can be connected. 

Has anyone else ran into this issue or could this be a problem with our internet provider or Okta?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@fitzgerald11080z,

You're just running the actual GlobalProtect agent locally on your devices correct? There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to both be connected at the same time; the fact that your connected to a VPN is invisible to the other endpoints running on your home network, and likewise her wife being on a VPN shouldn't effect your ability to connect either. Likewise, Okta wouldn't know or care.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that would actually cause a condition like this doesn't really have anything to do with gateways being located within the US or not. I would look at your router and check to see how it's configured to NAT traffic. You could simply be running into an instance where you're both competing for the same ports, and maybe your non-US gateway is simply configured for an SSL connection due to connection quality instead of trying to form an IPSec connection? 

We have Google Wifi connected to a Spectrum Modem. Both my wife and I work out of our bedroom so we are connected to the bedroom Google Wifi node. I don't know a lot about router configuration but my wife couldn't get on the VPN this morning I changed my gateway to Canada and then she was able to get on.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!