Unable to get internet from inside host

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to get internet from inside host

L1 Bithead

Hello Guys,

Hope all are good.

I have official PA version 10.0.0.8 image which i have installed in VMware Workstation 16 , I have done all the network level things , Security policies and NAT policies however one of the host from inside zone is not able to connect to internet using the PA firewall. I don't know what;s wrong on host side i can see the successful arp but traffic is not passing through the firewall or something.

on same setup I have another PA VM which is running on version 7 where from the same host i can get the internet or anywhere, i have same nat and security policy setup and same network settings.

so I am not sure what's special with version 10.0.0.8 , Can anyone suggest if I am missing any special treatment for this new version.

Note- Both VMs are unlicensed. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I cross checked these all multiple times without success , on same setup in other VM version 7 It's all working. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

This sounds like a misconfigure somewhere.

have you checked the type of Nat in use-- static vs port address translation

Ip addressing/ subnetting on the local device and Nat/security policies.

I cross checked these all multiple times without success , on same setup in other VM version 7 It's all working. 

I checked and found the wrong mask details inside the interface which corrected and solve the issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!