Unable to Upgrade from 11.1.3 to 11.1.13

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upgrade from 11.1.3 to 11.1.13

L1 Bithead

Hi,  I am having a problem to upgrde, with the objective of upgrading my PA-460 standalone from 10.1.13 to 11.2.0.

I performed the following:

Download 10.2.0 install and reboot;

then maintenance release then the last 10.29 -h? release and reboot.

Download 11.0.0 install and reboot

then maintenance release 11.0.x (last ) and reboot.

Download 11.1.0 install and reboot

>>then maintenance releaes 11.1.13 and reboot << Problem >>

After the reboot it shows 11.1.3  ( i have to assume i chose 11.1.3, though i'm sure my eyesight was not that bad.)

However, now I do not have an 11.2.0 option to download and install.  In fact the DEVICE>Software section now does not show the new versions.

in fact it doesnt even show the current version with the 'tick' against it.  i have also performed a check now and also an additional reboot.

Can anyone advise me what the issue is here please ?  

Thankyou... Michael

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahh,  Yes,  i see unchecking them shows all the versions.  Strange that unchecking preferred releases displays the 11.2.0 . 

and yes,   11.1.3 (my brain must have inserted a negative bit 🙂 ) was the last one.  but 11.2.0 - is that not recommended then ? as it is not 'preferred' ?  I also agree that no need to go to 11.2 , so i wont' wait a version until it becomes preferred 🙂

Thank you for this to both of you 🙂 .  I really appreciate your help.  I think this PA community are so very helpful.  

Mike.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @mbennett01 ,

I'm not sure where you saw 11.1.13 because there's no such version. 

The latest 11.1.x version is 11.1.3 which released on 05/15/24.

Worst case you can get the 11.2.0 version from the support portal and download it manually.  You can then install it manually also.

Any reason why you need 11.2.0 though ? It's a brand new OS release and is still under monitoring, as is 11.1.3.

The currently preferred version is 11.1.2-h3 as per the software release guidance page: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/support-pan-os-software-release-guidance/ta-...

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L3 Networker

Hi @mbennett01 

Starting with PAN-OS 11.1.3 there are new options on Device>Software and you will find it on the bottom of the page.

CosminM_0-1718003590893.png

View Preferred and Base Releases of PAN-OS Software 

These new options will filter what it will be displayed on your GUI.

Cheers,
Cosmin

Ahh,  Yes,  i see unchecking them shows all the versions.  Strange that unchecking preferred releases displays the 11.2.0 . 

and yes,   11.1.3 (my brain must have inserted a negative bit 🙂 ) was the last one.  but 11.2.0 - is that not recommended then ? as it is not 'preferred' ?  I also agree that no need to go to 11.2 , so i wont' wait a version until it becomes preferred 🙂

Thank you for this to both of you 🙂 .  I really appreciate your help.  I think this PA community are so very helpful.  

Mike.

Community Team Member

Hi @mbennett01 ,

Glad it worked out for you !

Correct, 11.2.0 isn't a preferred version yet.  It's too new to be considered as such.

I recommend checking the release guidance page where you'll find the preferred versions (read most stable) for each major PAN-OS 😉

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/support-pan-os-software-release-guidance/ta-...

Kind regards,

Kim

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 101 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!