Understanding Dynamic Updates Version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Understanding Dynamic Updates Version

L1 Bithead

Hi! I struggle to understand the notation Version on both Apps&Threats and Antivirus updates. Our FW is isolated from the internet so we make the updates manually (downloading and uploading files).
But what I don't get is the numbers, what is the second version? For example: When I look at the 8892 - 8959 Release notes,all I see is the 8892 version notes, so I guess this packet only includes this version, so what's the 8959 for? The same happens with Antivirus.

I know this is a basic question but I can't find information online and I'd appreciate some insight in the matter. Thanks!!

bporcelli_0-1726070115354.pngbporcelli_1-1726070119854.png

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

@bporcelli wrote:

Hi! I struggle to understand the notation Version on both Apps&Threats and Antivirus updates. Our FW is isolated from the internet so we make the updates manually (downloading and uploading files).
But what I don't get is the numbers, what is the second version? For example: When I look at the 8892 - 8959 Release notes,all I see is the 8892 version notes, so I guess this packet only includes this version, so what's the 8959 for? The same happens with Antivirus.

I know this is a basic question but I can't find information online and I'd appreciate some insight in the matter. Thanks!!

bporcelli_0-1726070115354.pngbporcelli_1-1726070119854.png

My educated guess is that the 4 digits in front of the hyphen are tied to the date of release.  With the last 4 digits after the hyphen are the "build" on that date it was released.  So when situations arise where multiple content versions are released on the same day the first 4 digits would be the same, but the last 4 would be different.  In that situation I would expect each of those versions would have "release notes."  But where there's only one release in that cycle you'll only get one set of release notes.

(Wild theory, but the first 4 digits might be the ray-day/Julian date, incrementing from when content updates were a thing.)

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!