University Students Receiving (HTTP Status Code : 416) (CE-40862-0) On Playstation devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

University Students Receiving (HTTP Status Code : 416) (CE-40862-0) On Playstation devices

L1 Bithead

Recently started receiving reports from students that they cannot download new games or updates for their installed apps on Playstation and are greeted with the error code mentioned in the subject. I have a case open with support, but I wanted to reach out to the community as well to see if any other University admins have dealt with the issue in the past and can share what they did to fix the issue. We are running PA 3020s on PAN-OS 9.0.11

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

For anyone that may encounter a similar issue in the future. In our case, it ended up being that we Disabled HTTP partial response in Device --> Setup --> Content-ID --> Content-ID Settings per recommendations from the BPA. After re-enabling the "Allow Partial HTTP Response option downloads were once again successful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LucasStrom,

Are you attempting to decrypt this traffic or seeing any threats being identified on the device? The only time I've seen this error in the past was when a bad signature was released and the firewall was resetting the download request. 

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we are not yet decrypting SSL traffic. I have spent a while looking at the threat logs as suggested and I am not seeing being flagged from the client devices or inbound to our NAT address.

L1 Bithead

For anyone that may encounter a similar issue in the future. In our case, it ended up being that we Disabled HTTP partial response in Device --> Setup --> Content-ID --> Content-ID Settings per recommendations from the BPA. After re-enabling the "Allow Partial HTTP Response option downloads were once again successful.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!