Update of Default Trusted Certificate Authorities?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Update of Default Trusted Certificate Authorities?

L1 Bithead

I am just curious - in which way is the list of trusted certificate authorities (WebUI: Device > Certificate Management > Certificates Default Trusted Certificate Authorites) updated? By firmware update or by dynamic update?

Regards,

Sylvia

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Hi Sylvia,

It is my understanding that it is done via software updates. But i am not certain, sorry.

-Phil

Hi,

If one of the default trusted CA is compromised, do we have to wait for a new software update and disable manually the CA on the firewall?

Or could a dynamic update be released to fix it?

Thanks

JB

L0 Member

Hello, 

Facing to a similar issue at the moment, is there any update on the below ?

Thanks

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

List of trusted root CAs is updated with PANOS not with dynamic updates.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!