Update problems, PANOS 4.0.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Update problems, PANOS 4.0.5

L0 Member

Hi, I need some help about a PAN update trouble, since december of last year can't update all the signatures of threats, APP's, url filtering and antivirus.

On the dynamic update section, when checking for new version, shows an error:

Failed to check content upgrade info due to generic communication error. Please try again later.

When I'm testing the conection using CLI console, I make a ping and a traceroute to the update url (updates.paloaltonetworks.com) and both are successfully completed, then, I try to get the updates via CLI commands, and result are the same as the web interface:

Failed to check content upgrade info due to generic communication error. Please try again later.

I checked the licences and product support, and everything it's ok, all is activated and the licences still are valid.

Please Help me to understand what is the problem and what need to solve this issue.

I have a PAN 4020 using PANOS 4.0.5

Thank's.

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

One way would be to update to 4.1.2 and try again.

Another method is to manually download the updates (for url, threats, apps) and install them through the gui by later manually upload them to your PAN unit and then see if the autoupdate starts to work?

Also if you are using a regular interface for the updates (and not the mgmt-interface) I think you might need to setup a security policy which allows "paloalto-updates" (limit it to the zone and srcip used by the PAN itself). This can be verified if you check in the ACC right after you had your failed update.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!