Upgrade OS from 8.1.x to 9.0.x Boot Loop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrade OS from 8.1.x to 9.0.x Boot Loop

L1 Bithead

Upgrade PA-850 from 8.1.5 to 9.0.6 Boot Loop

Hi,

I want to ask if anyone have experienced upgrading Palo Alto from 8.1.x to 9.0.x and worked it out, because i didnt.

Last night was my nightmare, i tried to upgrade PA-850 straight from 8.1.5 to 9.0.x. For 10 mins it seems work fine, autocommit shows up and completed. But at a sudden, there was system failure caused the device to keep rebooting. it won’t stop and kee repeating after 5 to 10 mins. So i decided to roll back and upgrade to 8.1.14-h2 and looks stable.

I m not sure what caused the problem, since i have difficulty to arrange open ticket due to my parnter service level required me to submit request via local distributor. It’s gonna take some time and I kindly need some advices how to deal with it sooner.

Thanks
Regards,
Quay

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@TowerBersamaGroup,

Not going to be able to provide much insight without the log files. Did you by chance have any logs pulled while you were in maintenance mode or have these logs setup to go to an external source that you could see if it managed to send anything related to the issue prior to the boot loop? Anything showing up in the console prior to reload while it was boot looping? 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!