Upgrading from 5060 to 5250

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrading from 5060 to 5250

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone, 

We have an upcoming project where we need to upgrade our 5060 firewalls to 5250. I was unable to find a document that explains like items to consider to do the migration. This is actually my first project so I am trying to think of maybe a guide or a tutorial that I can start with. The main requirement that I have not been able to find information about is they need to have both 5060 and 5250 on the same heartbeat network where they can test the behavior for sometime and ensure there are no issues then make the switch to 5250 and replace the 5060. Have you had any experience implementing this before, and was there any issues during implementation. Also, I am still not sure if interfaces being different could cause an issue during the migration. Any items that you feel important to mention would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

So its best to have both sets of units on the same software version. What I usually do is setup the basics on the new pair first, the management interface and HA. Then i export the config from the existing pair to the new pair (just be careful since the interface IP's will be the same for both pairs. Make sure the new pair can get updates and licenses via the internet since they will most likely have different IP's. Then since the config is the same, move cables during a maintenance window. 

Hope that helps.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!