URL Filtering block websites?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering block websites?

I have a URL filter profile with a list of URLs set to block (under Objects  Security Profiles > URL Filtering), which is applied to security group profile. 

However none of the URLs are being blocked. 

Is there something I should check to confirm this is setup right? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

My guess is that something got skipped. Check out this article, it may help out.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClH5CAK

Regards,

Community Team Member

Hi @BeKindPleaseRewind,

Have you configured your profile in an actual security policy rule ? If not, it won't do anything 😉

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Apparently there's something called a Commit button you have to click after making changes.

Thanks

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Please take a source IP address and check which policy it takes while going to the internet.

It seems traffic is passing through different policy which could be above Web-Filtering policy.

If above condition is true then change the priority of Web-filitering policy (place it above than any other internet policy)

@BeKindPleaseRewind wrote:

Apparently there's something called a Commit button you have to click after making changes.

Thanks

haha that's great...Happened to me before doing CLI stuff.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!