User-ID 4.1.4-3 service is not restarting after Windows Server 2008 R2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User-ID 4.1.4-3 service is not restarting after Windows Server 2008 R2

Not applicable

Service Name: User-ID Agent is not "Automatically" restarting when Windows Server 2008 R2 is reboot/restart for maintenance.   Is this issue experienced in other companies?    Did I  miss a configuration step ?   

bkenyon@ces-group.com

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi,

The user-id agent will run as service on the server and this should start automatically after the restart of the server. You can make a change on the server to run this service automatically. Go to services and look for user-id agent and click for properties and change the startup-type to automatic as shown below.

Capture.PNG

I am sorry I was not more descriptive.    The USER-ID Agent is set to Startup Type: Automatic.    It just does not start up correctly after server reboot.

thanks for your reply.

L3 Networker

Please make sure that the service account you are using for user-id (services.msc -> User id service -> logon as account) has rights to logon as service on the server.
You may also add it to local administrators

You may also want to retype the id and password to avoid any errors.

If you are getting errors like " "Read security log returns error 2 on server eudedc01" " then change below

on UA 2008 R2 goto the user-identification set up tab, the field "Enable Server Session Read" set to "yes".

Please mark this post as answered / helpful if it helps.

This happens consistently for me as well.  The service ID is an administrator, is granted login as service, starts perfectly fine.

Occasionally when I commit a change or a DC reboots some of them do not restart, saying 'Start service failed with error 1069'.

When you try to start the service from the services msc it fails with "Error 1069: The service did not start doto a logon failure'

I know the password I saved is correct, as it works the first time and subsequently while still logged in and click the commit button. It will even work for a short time after that logging off the DC, then back in.  Eventually, after some time has passed it will fail.  This generally presents itself on a reboot as I don't make a habit of going in and changing the agent settings.

There has to be something in the way it is writing the config file and reapplying the password to the service upon a commit.

**This applies to both 2008R2 and 2003 DCs**

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!