User ID Agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User ID Agent

Not applicable

Hello-  I am running PAN OS version 3.1.7.  I am running a User ID agent on an application server within the domain but I am not getting complete user ID information in my traffic/threat logs.  We have just upgraded to Windows 2008 R2 64 bit domain controllers.  Should I install and configure the User agent directly on the DC's for better results?  Since I am running 3.1.7, can I install the 3.1.1 LDAP or AD agent?  Looking through knowledge point, etc I am getting mixed information about what is supported so figured I would ask the question directly.

Thanks!

Darcy

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

You can install the agent on the DC or on  a stand alone PC. the latest agent version is 3.1.2.  On the agent you should see a status "No errors" and when you click the button marked "Get All" you should see IP addresses with names associated. If this is not working then the config of the agent is  incorrect.  The "Domain" must be correct and the server must log the actual "Log in" events.

On a PC that can log into the domain, open a DOS window and type the command "set".

This will display the IP and name of the AD server and the NT domain as well as FQDN.

On the firewall the most common error is the ZONE config. There is a checkbox to enable  USER ID.

If you need additional assitance you should probably open a ticket with support.

Steve Krall

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!