User-ID users not timing out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User-ID users not timing out

L0 Member

I only have a few users currently as this is a new deployment however the very few users I have do not seem to time out.  I'm using the latest PAN agent on Win2008 R2.

I have users still mapped who haven't been in the office for over 2 weeks. I have myself across about 6 IP's too. I also have mappings to users who are not here.

My config is all default, I have netbios and wmi probing disabled.

Can anyone advise?  I've cleared the mapping cache, restarted the PAN agent and all the mapped users return.  This is rather annoying!

Thanks

M...

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

When you disable the Netbios/WMI probing the Pan Agent will ignore the timer value unless you hand-edit the configuration file and set <enable-full-expire> to 1.

after making this change and saving it to the configuration file, stop the Pan Agent service, delete the user-ip cache file and then restart the Pan Agent service.

This should clear up the problem.

-Benjamin

I did this and almost nobody appears named anymore.  Rather odd to be honest.  I run a dual stacked IPv4/IPv6 network so I can only assume that this is partly why.

As an example, if I disable IPv6 on a machine and then logon purely using v4, I find I'm not being picked up but the machine I'm using is in the pool of address ranges to be scanned.

It would really help if PA can hurry up with the IPv6 capable client for getting user-id's!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!