VPN socket closed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN socket closed

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I have a user who connects via a thin client with GP to our network. Actually we have around 50 users, but this one user has many problems. She gets disconnected multiple times a day. She tried multiple connections: her current residence with both wifi and cable, at her parents, both cable and wifi (2 different cities), and mobile data from her phone.

I gave her a different thin client (newer model), same problem. In the GP logs I can see only that the socket was closed and then the connection is decomssioned. 

She is rightly unhappy right now and I have no clue what can cause this problem. Others dont face this problem on this regular interval. There are occasional disconnects but for the 50 user base it happens like 5-6 times a week. 

Panos version: 9.1

GP version: 5.1

Thanks,

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Good Day

Based on what I read, you should have user re-create the issue (when it happens) and then collect the GP logs (there is a button to collect logs within the GP software) AND also collect a TSF (tech support file) and create a web based TAC ticket.

If the issue is that 49 ppl are working fine, and 1 does not.. it certainly does not seem like a misconfig, but something limited to her.

You can also ensure you are  9.1.8 or higher and GP 5.2.5 so that they can be ruled out as well.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@olloczky 

If it does not work even from new laptop then I will recommend please open up TAC case on this.

There might be issue related to installation of GP on user Laptop or user profile as you already tried different network connections.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean user profile? On her windows machine? 

Thanks I might as well turn to TAC. Thanks!

@olloczky 

I mean user profile like they are in right domain or group, if you have Azure MFA then it is in right group there

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!