VPN SSL & Linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN SSL & Linux

L0 Member

Hello,

Here are some questions about VPN SSL Linux support :

- When do you plan to provide a Linux SSL client ?

- It would be great to not need the root privilege to be able to download and/or upgrade the VPN client.

29 REPLIES 29

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

There is nothing in the works at this point to support a Linux SSL client, but we will submit a feature request to our engineers with your suggestion.

L0 Member

Hi,

As to your 2nd point, the ability for NetConnect to upgrade without administrative privileges on the host is included in an upcoming release next year.

Cheers,

-TK

Hi,

We are also interested in a Linux SSL VPN Client.

Was the new feature request welcomed by the engineers ? If so, is there a schedule ?

In the meantime, is there a possibility to use a non-PaloAltoNetworks" client to connect ?

Thanks for your feedback.

We do intend to provide a Linux client in the future, but we do not have a timeframe for this. It is not possible to use a client from somewhere else.

Mike

Any updates or ideas for connectivity from a Linux client?

We are also waiting for the SSL client for Linux. Any news on this?

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian

I'd like to add a "me too" to this thread.  Mac OS X & Linux vpn client support is required in our environment.

L1 Bithead

++ on the Linux client

I've heard that the Mac client on it's way.

L4 Transporter

So the SSL VPN client has been released for mac.

Any news on a version for Linux?

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian

Mac OS client support has been added with PAN-OS 3.1.4. 

Regarding Linux roadmap, there is nothing coming in the near future, but it is being considered in a future release.

Thanks,

Lee Klarich (Palo Alto Networks product management)

Linux support is the only thing holding me up from deploying this to 5000+ users

I understand.  We've had many customers provide alternate connection methods for their Linux users to achieve a near-complete rollout, but this obviously depends on the size of your Linux community as well as their willingness (and yours) to have an alternate connection method.

L1 Bithead

Any updates on the release of the SSL VPN client for Linux?

It appears the is plenty of demand for this and the Mac OS X client has been released (a flavor of Linux) so why no updates on the availability of  a Linux client since May 2010, that was 8 months ago, heck the Packers just won the Superbowl, Yeah!!, I should think Palo Alto would be able to get a Linux client built in that time...

Robert Rack

Network Services

Milwaukee School of Engineering.

• 29 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!