VPN TWO Interconnected Sites Public IP DHCP ( DynDNS )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN TWO Interconnected Sites Public IP DHCP ( DynDNS )

L4 Transporter

Good afternoon, I have some doubts regarding a configuration:

Scenario: I have two sites that I have to configure with Site-to-Site VPN. Both sites have dynamic public IPs. In both of them DynDNS services are configured and operating.

The sites with dynamic public IP, if in both sites I have Dynamic Public IP ( DHCP - DynDNS )

In the "Local IP Address" configuration should I select "None"?

Peer FQDN: myvpnsite2.dynalias.net

Do two sites connected by vpn site-to-site, with DynDNS, operate correctly?

Thank you very much, I remain attentive

None_Ip_Dhcp.JPG

High Sticker
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Metgatz 

Yes, you would just leave this as None. Everything you have configured so far in your screenshot are correct and will function perfectly fine, however I would suggest IKEv2 preferred instead of setting this up using IKEv1, but that's personal preference.

The setup that you are looking to do is a non-issue when configured properly. As long as the initiator has been configured with the FQDN peer address so it's able to initiate the connection to the other end that's all that's really "special" about these type of deployments. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

A Site-to-Site VPN connection between your VPC and your network.  Instances in the public subnet with Elastic IP addresses (example: 198.51.100.1), which are public AWS provides two features that you can use to increase security in your VPC: security groups and network ACLs.

Official Site

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Metgatz 

Yes, you would just leave this as None. Everything you have configured so far in your screenshot are correct and will function perfectly fine, however I would suggest IKEv2 preferred instead of setting this up using IKEv1, but that's personal preference.

The setup that you are looking to do is a non-issue when configured properly. As long as the initiator has been configured with the FQDN peer address so it's able to initiate the connection to the other end that's all that's really "special" about these type of deployments. 

@BPry 

Excellent, thank you very much for your answer.

Does this mean that I can have two sites connected with DynDNS (Dynamic Public IP) without any problem?

I remain attentive, best regards

High Sticker
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!