what is the PaloAlto equivalent of Cisco's Auto-RP feature?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

what is the PaloAlto equivalent of Cisco's Auto-RP feature?

L4 Transporter

I am trying to configure multicast but it only works with auto-rp feature. I am wondering the equivalent terms and configurations in Palo's world. has anyone configured it? If so, please provide me your inputs.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly 

As per my info PA does not support 

PIM Dense Mode (PIM-DM), IGMP proxy, IGMP static joins, Anycast RP, GRE, or multicast configurations on a Layer 2 or virtual wire interface type.

It only supports  Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) on a Layer 3 interface that you configure for a virtual router on the firewall. For multicast routing, the Layer 3 interface type can be Ethernet, Aggregate Ethernet (AE), VLAN, loopback, or tunnel.

Unless someone correct me here.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

can Palo forward Multicast packets in vwire mode? 

Hey @SThatipelly ,

Default behaviour it to forward all multicast traffic in vwire mode - How to Block Multicast Traffic in a VWire (Virtual Wire) Setup - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Networks

"Multicast traffic is blocked in the Layer-3 mode by default, but is forwarded by default in the Virtual Wire mode."

Anycast RP is fine for layer 3 virtual router?  Or any known issues? WE have issues when adding, removing groups from the Remote RP group list.  If we are using a remote RP, do we need to list the groups that are supported on that RP? or is that like an ACL for firewall to only allow those in group list? 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!