When I connect PA 3020(5.0.4) the upload and download speed degrades severely?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

When I connect PA 3020(5.0.4) the upload and download speed degrades severely?

Not applicable

Currently we are running Cisco ASA firewall which is connected to the ISP. When the ASA is connected we get an upload and download speed of 100MBX100MB.

Whenever I connect the PA 3020 the upload speed falls to 10Mbps and download speed to 70Mbps. Has anyone experienced this before on a PA platform?

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hello Adcap,

Did you verify the speed and the duplex settings on the PANFW?

can you print the output of the below commands:

>show interface all

>show session info

Is there any QoS settings on the  on the PANFW?

BR,

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

The speed and duplex are set to AUTO negotiate. There is no QOS configured on the box.

Thanks!

I recommend hard coding the speed and duplex to 1000 and full-duplex respectively. Is the PANFW on the perimetre or is there an upstream device in front of the PANFW?

BR,

Karthik

PANFW would be on the perimeter directly connected to the ISP.

According to IEEE you should use auto/auto if you want to go Gbit... "hardcoding" is only valid for speeds of 10 or 100Mbit/s.

Verify what the ISP has put at their end... if they have 10 or 100Mbit link then its most likely that its "hardcoded" settings into 10 or 100Mbit and full duplex - in this case you should do the same on your PA.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!