Where to download update for PA-2050 for learning purposes.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Where to download update for PA-2050 for learning purposes.

L0 Member

I have been given a PA-2050 to play with, and get my hands dirty, learning PAN, etc.

Where do I go find the latest supported image for it?  https://support.paloaltonetworks.com/Updates/SoftwareUpdates/ doesn't have the PA-2000 series listed.  It has PA-200, and then PA-3000, PA-4000, PA-5000 and the PA-VM series.

Should I even bother?  Should I just go grab one of those PA-VM images and play with that instead?  If so, which ones should I get?  I have VMware.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Someone correct me if I'm wrong;

That just means that you don't actually have support on that series, while you or the company that your account is under does have support on the other products. Really to do this properly you would contact your SE/whoever you contact to buy licenses and purchase a lab license so that you have access to everything in a lab enviroment and you can actually update and use all of the features. The lab license is generally pretty cheap and is probably the best way to learn about PAN products. 

I don't think so.  I just received a set of images.  According to the support person, this is EOL, so they don't show the images any more.  You can't download it via the website.  Only their internal people have access.

Hi,

PAN-OS still available for 2000 series:

EoL.PNG

For the lab set up l like VM, as you can easy set up nice topology for couple hours (Linux SliTaz as a test hosts or similar) and it is flexible, no power and noise. The problem with VM appliance that you will not be able to see traffic logs without the license key (what l recently found out that only one VM will show you logs and it is 5.0.6 🙂

where can i receive an image i have the same brand PA-2050

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@khris_harper,

I think you're out of luck as far as official support goes. The PA-2000 series officially hit EoL April 30th in 2020, so you can't have an active support contract on the device anymore. You can attempt to reach out to your SE and see if they'll provide the images to you, but you technically wouldn't be entitled to them at all anymore.

While you could find unofficial images that people had shared in the past, a quick glance kind of looks like all of the links at this point are dead. This unit is a couple years past usefulness. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!