Wildfire Analysis Email Alerts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wildfire Analysis Email Alerts

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Can you confirm how quickly we should be receiving the Wildfire analysis report following a malicious file detection?

I have a wildfire upload that occured at about 2am GMT, I have the PAN log message reporting the upload, and in the PAN Wildfire THREAT log I can see it has been logged as malicious and links me to the online portal with the analysis proving that.

However, 7 hours later I still have not had the analysis email. As it is this email that we use to trigger a follow up (it's the only way I know to positvely confirm a malicious file?) it's important that we receive this ASAP.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hi Alistair,

The email alert is triggered as soon as we reach a conclusion on a given file - either as benign or malware (assuming email alerts are configured for both outcomes on a per serial number basis, under settings of the Wildfire portal). Our Wildfire portal has been updated but that shouldn't have affected the email alert configuration.

If you could forward me your serial number, file name/hash and link to the wildfire analysis page, I can get this verified by our threat team.

Many Thanks,

Nirmal

N,

Replied OOB.

Rgds

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!