Wildfire uploaded file disposition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Wildfire uploaded file disposition

Not applicable

I've heard customers express concerns about what happens to a file once it has been uploaded to Wildfire.  If the file were the product of a spearfishing attack, it could potentially contain information about the victim that may be sensitive in nature.

How are uploaded files protected from accidental disclosure?

Does Wildfire dispose of the file once it has been evaluated?

How can I reassure a customer that the file they uploaded can't be accidently disclosed?

Thanks,

Dave Ford

dave@proteus.net

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Please see our recently published tech note on this topic at https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2880

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

In my opinion if the file might contain sensitive data then it shouldnt be sent to wildfire at all (as wildfire currently works since Amazon EC2 etc is involved in the process).

I have spoken to my SE regarding the need of a privat cloud (cloud runned in your own datacenter so the files sent to wildfire engine never leaves your datacenter) and hopefully this will happen some day...

You can however be somewhat selective on which files to upload to wildfire.

For example only files arriving from internet zone or downloaded by a specific user/usergroup and such (or from a specific url and so on).

L3 Networker

Please see our recently published tech note on this topic at https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2880

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!