Android issues with GP logging in

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Android issues with GP logging in

L1 Bithead

We have been having issues when a user tries to log into the VPN gateway. I have looked at the different solutions before and so far nothing has worked. 
Before upgrading to 10.2.x version we were able to connect. We only noticed that we were not able to connect until after the Zero day alert we got on the VPN issue. We also did our VPN cert at the same time. I have a feeling that it is in the application on the Androids system. Seeing if anyone has managed to be able to connect to the GP VPN with androids systems. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Hello, I think we have it figured out what is the issue. Since Android went to TLS Version 1.3 we had to change that out to make it 1.3 version.
So if you have it listed as TLS Version MAX, you also need to go into the following system and change it to 1.3 which we all forgot about.

Go to Device > Certificate Management > SSL / TLS Profile > under your current cert change the Max Version to TLSv1.3 and it should start to work then after the commit.

Let me know how it goes for others. Tach person said we even got lucky seeing that and after that change I was able to connect to the VPN. I am in the testing part to make sure also.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @jmckinzie ,

What type of error are you receiving? For the cert, did you acquire a new cert due to expiry and had to update the portal/gateway config with the correct cert ? I would double-check to see that all settings that require the new cert have been updated (depending on your config: ssl/tls profile, ensure ssl/tls prof w/ new cert is selected on portal/gw)

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hello All, 

The certs are valid, Windows, Apple and all other systems are able to log into the same portal. For some reason only Android phones can not log into the portal. 
They get to the first part, able to sign in and get our 2FA. After the 2FA nothing comes back but trying to connect. I have changed a lot to try and get it to work and now I have raised a case also. This is a head scratcher on trying to see why only Android devices and nothing else.

Community Team Member

Hi @jmckinzie ,

Please keep us updated on what support finds. Thanks! 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hello, I think we have it figured out what is the issue. Since Android went to TLS Version 1.3 we had to change that out to make it 1.3 version.
So if you have it listed as TLS Version MAX, you also need to go into the following system and change it to 1.3 which we all forgot about.

Go to Device > Certificate Management > SSL / TLS Profile > under your current cert change the Max Version to TLSv1.3 and it should start to work then after the commit.

Let me know how it goes for others. Tach person said we even got lucky seeing that and after that change I was able to connect to the VPN. I am in the testing part to make sure also.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!