CPanGPADlg::OnTimer - about refresh configruation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CPanGPADlg::OnTimer - about refresh configruation

L0 Member

Anyone know what this log indicates in the GP client logs?  We are investigating reports of unexpected GP disconnects, and in many cases the disconnect seems to start with this sequence:

15:32:38:033 --Set state to Disconnecting...

. . . 

15:32:36:375 ----Portal refresh configuration starts----
15:32:36:375 msgtype = refresh-configuration
15:32:36:298 PanClient sent successful with 80 bytes
15:32:36:298 Command = <request><type>refresh-configuration</type></request>
15:32:36:298 Send command to Pan Service
15:32:36:173 CPanGPADlg::OnTimer - about refresh configruation.

Also, is there any documentation that defines the events in the GP client log?  I have not been able to find anything.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AxiomAsterisk ,

Those logs must be related to "GlobalProtect App Config Refresh Interval (hours)" option

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-1/pan-os-web-interface-help/globalprotect/network-globalp...

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000POMJCA4

Basically this option tell GP client at what interval to connect to GP portal and refresh it config (for example if you change agent upgrade method, or add new gateway or modify gateway priority or any other setting).

But portal config refresh shouldn't cause disconnect, so I personally would look backwards from this event. I would suggest to event look what happens before "Set state to Disconnecting", this event should indicate that client

I am living with the impression that portal config refresh timer is counting only while agent is connected to the gateway. So it will initiate config refresh at Nth hour of this active connection. So I am surprise to see config refresh few seconds after disconnect. For me it sound like client is reaching his "login lifetime" - https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClqVCAS

- What connection method are you using? On-demand, always on?

- What is your login lifetime, inactivity and idle timers?

- Have you noticed any pattern in the disconnects, any of the above timers to match the frequency of the disconnects?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!